As I mentioned in the last post, I seem to find myself knitting dinosaurs quite often! To date I have made 14 dinosaurs. 5 Pterodactyls, 2 T-rexes, 2 Quetzalcoatlus’, an Ankylosaurus, a Mesosaurus, a Velociraptor, a Triceratops and a Stegosaurus.
Whilst I won’t post pictures of them all right now, if you’re on Ravelry they are all here. I will share one of the ones I really felt that I did well though:
For Christmas last year, one of my charges, G, then aged 8, asked for a “Union Jack pterodactyl”. “…. Err…..” was my response (after correcting her use of Union Jack!), but I managed it! It was my first intarsia/colour-work project and came out quite well in the end! (Her brother was much easier and just asked for a rainbow one!). The stegosaurus was also a gift for her actually, for her birthday a couple of weeks ago. Ignore the stitching, which was done at silly-o-clock trying to rush it to get finished!