Another project on Operation De-stash! We’re going on holiday on Sunday and my husband bought a new suitcase yesterday, so he asked me to make something that would make it stand out, preferably something colourful. The result was this quick bit of crochet:
I’m quite impressed with myself. Usually when I use double crochet I drop stitches, mess up the ends and generally it looks awful. I should have taken a photo before I stitched it on as I didn’t drop a single stitch and managed to reach the ends without forgetting my turning chain!
This wasn’t one of the balls of bonus DK, it was something I got in a bag at the charity shop. I’ve been trying to find a use for it as I’ve used it on a dinosaur before and it was awesome, but I didn’t have enough left for much else! I was lucky and had just enough for this.
I now have some neon yellow that I’ve been desperately trying to get rid of. That will become a handle and possibly some horrendous flowers for my suitcase. I’ll also cover the other handle on this one too with some blue or red or something.