So I didn’t write the post for last week as promised, but I did finish that dress. Almost. She wore it on her birthday at the zoo after I finished it in the car on the way to said zoo!
I haven’t done the neckline for it yet as I hadn’t decided whether I wanted to do it, I like Artemis to wear things that I can get on and off easily, and I’m worried that the neckline would make it more difficult. I’ll likely end up doing it anyway just to make it look a bit more complete.
The pattern was a nice and simple one, I took out the yo row for the belt as I didn’t want a belt and I had to compensate for the lost increases there, but it worked nicely and looks lovely!
You can probably see where the dress narrows at the hips, that isn’t intentional shaping, the dress design has it flat until it starts to flare, but where I changed to a yarn where the tension was different and couldn’t up my needle size to compensate until I was working primarily on the coloured yarn it has tightened the tension overall on the colour change section, but that isn’t an issue.
I botched in a colourwork pattern from a different pattern as this dress called for a straight colour change, and I wanted to try something special! I’ve been eyeing up the Pixelated Pullover for a long long time, and decided to bite the bullet and buy the pattern so that I could use the colour chart for this dress.
Yarns are stylecraft special in silver and Sirdar Colourwheel in Follow The Rainbow (beautiful colour way! Really fun to knit with and a nice weight. Slightly thinner than your standard DK but it works well. I have a few more of the colourwheels in different colours to use up too!)